Archive for: June, 2016

Do you write everyday? Where and when do you write? Writing is thinking through small and hard problems for me; being aware of one’s surroundings and emotions. In a way, I’m always in this meditative zone. After I’ve thought through a problem or an emotion or a set of them, the physical act of recording these...

She stared at her made-up face. Her reflection at the full-length mirror stared right back at her. “Not bad, not at all.” Especially for someone above 45. ‘Kirti Ma’am, this colour really suits you, and with such a gorgeous look, you don’t seem a day over 35.’ The woman at the parlour had remarked, after...

Juggernaut is proud to bring you books from Readomania, an independent Indian publisher that nurtures and showcases diverse new writers from across India. Its anthology of stories based on Indian women who fight back, Defiant Dreams: Tales of Everyday Divas (available on the Juggernaut app here), was selected for...

HOW TO SUBMIT Two sample chapters, a synopsis – that’s all we require! We’ve streamlined our submissions process so that your work can be read directly by our editors. Send an email to one of our editors below depending on the genre you’re writing in. Please send only one submission at a time to one address...

‘And it’s you who, when surprised by two hundred Malay pirates near Singapore, with your seven soldiers, threw the pirates into the sea?’ ‘That’s me.’

Author and translator Sam Miller on Once Upon A Time In India, its historical parallels, and how Alfred Assollant viewed the British in India

Nandini Nayar, author of Don't Tell Your Mother, on writing about monsters and childhood

Translator Zafar Syed on Ali Akbar Natiq, one of the hottest literary stars in Urdu writing today

We’re thrilled to announce that Juggernaut Books will publish Sourav Ganguly’s first-ever book, A Century Is Not Enough  To most, Sourav’s life and career has embodied success and achievement – his debut century at Lord’s, transforming the Indian team under his captaincy, breaking Australia’s unbeaten...

From an outstanding book on the RSS to an epic novel about Indian politics, these are books you will want to read over and over.